Friday, May 21, 2010

Segmentation Practised

A quick glance at the tag clouds in my blog, Stupid Thoughts, revealed that, despite being a Marketing enthusiast, I was not practising segmentation. I was writing on diverse topics. While that, I quite shamelessly acclaim, indicates a complex and well-developed grey matter, can or already does confuse a reader. Someone would have been drawn to my blog due to a technology post and might be expecting to read another of my 'stupid' thoughts, only to be disappointed to read about public relations or human behavior or telecom.

So while I was thinking about it, Deepak Chopra, my friend and colleague, shocked me by suggesting that I should have segmented blogs.

Yes, that makes sense.

So, here it is. 'Cinema-Kaaram-Coffee' will be about movies. This blog will not be necessarily about only new movies. It will be about movies that I have just watched; new or old; English, Tamil, Hindi, Telugu or Iranian. With a DVD club membership, first with Seventy MM and then, now, with Big Flix, Savitha and I are watching too many movies. And as 'evolved' beings we have an intellectual discussions on what we watch. Cinema-Kaaram-Coffee will be the place to pour them out.

By the way, the blog url is 'inspired' by the title of a show that used to appear in Stay Vijay channel. And while the name certainly has Tamil influence, the title 'Movies, no bar!' will prevail.

Hope you like the reviews! Happy Watching!

No comments: